Stay Safe during Covid-19
The best way to stay safe while exercising your right to vote this year, is to vote by mail. If you must go to the polling location, please be sure to follow these guidelines:
- Try to vote at a time of day when your precinct is less likely to be crowded. This is often early morning or mid-afternoon.
- Maintain a six-foot distance from other voters and pollworkers, including if you’re waiting in line to vote.
- Make sure to wear a mask throughout the entire voting process.
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds before and after voting. Use an alcohol based hand-sanitizer if you can’t wash your hands right away.
- Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands.
- Wipe down any polling equipment you use before and after you use it with anti-bacterial wipes.
- Some polling places will offer curb-side voting, where you can vote from your car. Call your county election administrator ahead of time to see if they offer curbside voting. – Courtesy of VotoLatino.org.